Colchester, VT (Champlain Valley CrossFit)
5'9" / 175 LBS
Mat Fraser grew up in Colchester, Vermont playing youth football and spending time outdoors. Despite his success as a football player his heart was in Olympic weightlifting. By thirteen Fraser won his first national title and in 2009 he was the junior national champion in Olympic weightlifting. Injury took him away from weightlifting competitively until 2012.
Fraser began lifting again at Champlain Valley CrossFit in 2012, periodically hitting a WOD. Noticing the advantage he had with an Olympic weightlifting background, Fraser continued with CrossFit. In the 2013 CrossFit Open, Fraser qualified for the North East Regionals. He went on to place 5th overall, missing the 2013 Reebok CrossFit Games by two spots. The rookie athlete came back for the 2014 CrossFit open with a 1st place win at the East Coast Championship and experience under his belt. Mat Fraser qualified for the 2014 Reebok CrossFit Games at the Northeast Regionals. He went on to place 2nd at The Games in 2014.
With a fire ignited in Fraser, he swept the 2014/2015 competition season placing first at the Crush Games, Granite Games, and the East Coast Championships. In the 2015 Reebok CrossFit Games, Fraser placed 2nd for the second year in a row. Fraser was not satisfied, “Second place sucks,” the athlete said in an interview with CrossFit Head Quarters following the games.
The 2016 season was all Mat Fraser. He placed 7th in the open, and 1st in the East Regional. With ten top five finishes at the 2016 Reebok CrossFit Games, Mat Fraser beat out the reigning champion to win the 1st place and was crowned the fittest on earth.
- 2017 - 1st Place - The CrossFit Games
- 2017 - 1st Place - CrossFit East Regional
- 2016 - 1st Place - The CrossFit Games
- 2016 - 1st Place - East Coast Championships
- 2015 - 2nd Place - CrossFit Games
- 2015 - 1st Place - East Coast Championships
- 2014 - 1st Place - Granite Games
- 2014 - 1st Place - Crush Games
- 2014 - 2nd Place - Crossfit Games
- 2014 - 1st Place - Northeast Regionals
- 2014 1st Place - East Coast Championships
- 2013 5th Place - Northeast Regionals
- 2013 1st Place - East Coast Championships
- 2013 1st Place - Beast of the East
- Snatch - 315#
- Clean & Jerk - 375#
- Back Squat - 485#
- Front Squat - 405#
- Jerk - 395#
- OH Squat - 385#
- Fran - 2:09
- Isabel - 1:19
- Grace - 1:23
- 50 HSPU - 55 Seconds