Beverly, MA (Beantown Barbell Club)
5'1 / 117LBS
- Snatch- 75kg (165#)
- Clean and Jerk- 92kg (203#)
- Snatch- 72kg (159#)
- Clean and Jerk- 94kg (207#)
- Competition Total- 165kg
- 2015 RWL Memorial Day Competition- 53kg class- 1st place
- 2015 Juggernaut Classic- 3rd place
- 2014 USA Weightlifting American Open Championships 53kg class- 5th place
- 2014 New England Championships- 53kg class- 1st place
- 2014 USA Weightlifting National Championships- 58kg class- 12th place
- 2014 North East Regional Competitor- Team Crossfit Free
How/when did you find Olympic lifting?
I discovered Olympic lifting through Crossfit. I competed at the 2014 Crossfit Northeast Regionals as a member of a team. This ultimately helped me realize my love for Olympic Lifting. After competing at Regionals, I began training for my first National Championship. I competed as a 58kg lifter and placed 12th. It was after this experience that I realized I wanted to become a full time weightlifter, and I have been ever since!
How has it changed your life?
Weightlifting has changed my life in so many ways. I have met some of my best friends through Crossfit and weightlifting. It has helped me learn to become patient and to focus on the process of growth instead of the end result. In order to achieve a goal, you must trust the process, believe in yourself and your coach, and work hard every single day. This is something that I apply to my everyday life. Weightlifting has changed who I am as a person. I have become a more confident individual because of who I have become in the gym.
What are your short and long term goals?
My short term goal is to stand on the podium at the 2015 National Championships. My long term goal is to make an international team.